Filtration is key for engine and injector life. Keep a good paper style air filter installed, especially if you drive in dusty conditions regularly. The cotton/ gauze style just let too much trash in IMHO. I can't tell you how many 5.9 common rails I've had come in with a cylinder down due to broken piston rings. Everyone is quick to blame the failure on a bad injector but actually is due to bad air filtration. The rings are tapered, and as they wear, they loosen in the lands and eventually beak due to "fluttering" on the piston. As for the injectors. They will eventually need to be replaced. That's just the cold, hard truth. And with the mileage your truck currently has it's probably going to be sooner than later. That doesn't mean you can't take steps to improve their lifespan. I recommend a good quality afftermarket 2 micron fuel filter/ water separator setup. The factory filter is simply not adequate.

Now, let's talk about the front end. You can buy the most expensive name brand parts you can find and they are still going to wear out prematurely. Tie rods and front axle outer u-joints especially. Ball joints do wear out too but most people don't know how to check them correctly. The first thing they do is jack the front end up and stick a pry bar under the tire and pry upward. They feel and see up and down movement and say it needs ball joints. WRONG! They are designed to have a certain amount of movement up and down. Moog has even started adding labels to their ball joints to indicate this is normal. With the ball joints, Lateral movement is what you are looking for, rather than vertical when checking for wear.

The 48re trans will require more attention to kickdown band adjustment than earlier models. They wear out after time and will eventually ruin the front drum once the friction material is gone. If the adjuster bolt is level with the top of the jamb nut after being properly adjusted, it's time for a new band. Governor pressure solenoids also fail time to time causing improper shifting and taking off in the wrong gear. Aftermarket GM style solenoids are available to help with this condition. I work on these trucks everyday and this some of the stuff I see that are common issues with them. Hope this helps.

392 gen III hemi on E-85 727 trans Dana 60
10.02@134