Both the 04 and 05 were around 165K miles, both injector issues. The 04 had an injector go wide open and hydraulic the engine kicking out a rod. The 05 had an injector go dead burning a hole in a piston. On the 04 I had replaced 4 of the 6 injectors, should have done all 6. eyes The 05 was bought to replace the 99 that had the 7th NV4500 crap out in Memphis, TN so I bought a local truck to continue on with the transport at that time. Made it to Chicago and checked everything out with the truck but apparently the fuel filters were never changed and I missed that fact. The next transport it went into limp mode near Dalhart, TX and I managed to get to a Dodge dealer where they told me about the fuel filters. I made it to Payson, AZ before the injector died and had to have it towed to Phoenix from there. frown I should have done the Alison conversion on my 04 as I would probably be still driving that truck. I had almost $6K into rebuilding the 48RE and the issues after having it rebuilt. If I would have just done the Alison conversion to begin with I would have had around $5K in it. pity

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!