To offset the good progress made was all the bad stuff I found when swapping parts for the transmission. going from the big block to the hemi meant I have to swap trans cases. Since I rebuilt the trans prior to putting it behind the big block, I need to swap all the parts out of the case into a small block case. When I got the trans out of the car and tore into it, there was some bad news. 1 - the converter either ballooned or there was not enough clearance when the parts were bolted together. The converter was hitting the front pump seal, which wore a groove into the base of the converter drive hub. I will end up having to send the converter back to get checked out and see if they can set it up with a shorter assembled height if it was not ballooned. 2 - the TCS direct drum in the trans has a bronze bushing insert in the aluminum. The stator support seals wore pretty serious grooves into the bushing so I'll have to replace that prior to putting the trans back together. I was surprised at the amount of wear considering the low miles on the trans. From what I understand from another post on here, the seals provided with the drum are pretty aggressive. I need to talk to TCS and see if there are any options on using a different seal. I was starting to have issues with clutch chatter in reverse and I guess this was the source. I guess I just expect too much from these parts. It's pretty aggravating.

8418529-drum1.jpg (217 downloads)
Last edited by ntstlgl1970; 02/04/15 05:20 AM.