I'd like to use a superdamper, but that is something that can be swapped out in the car. So I'll do that later.

Meanwhile, I worked on the motor mount brackets. With other posts I have read regarding mounts, headers and other parts not fitting correctly, I wanted to spend the time to make sure things go together smoothly prior to dropping the motor in the car. Of course there was much grinding to be done, the passenger side bracket hit part of the block casting, so I had to grind that corner of the bracket so that the bracket could be bolted to the block (it would not line up without this clearancing). In addition, the holes for the mount stud are little too small, so I had to drill those oversize. I also had to grind the stud shorter so it would not bottom out in the bracket, clean up the mounting surfaces on the mounts so they would sit flat against the bracket and also on the K-member. And lastly, I had to grind the pad of the motor mount where it was contacting the header tube on #1 cylinder.

8418516-bracket1.jpg (229 downloads)
Last edited by ntstlgl1970; 02/04/15 04:26 AM.