Really, I couldn't afford a 730-830 inch monster. But it would nice to be able to qualify for T/D in a 632 with SR20 heads. That last race I was at I qualified at #33 at 7.28. They took 42. Had to race a blown 540 Chevy that was dialed at 6.88. I took him to the stripe and dumped him, lost by .002. If I would have been 7.0's, I would have not had as much distance between us, and would have had a better chance of winning. would like at at least be middle of the pack. And I know I would be out in most of the central divisionals, or at any national events.
By the way, thanks for all the constructive comments! If I were OK getting in the show with a 499 Indy deal, I would and have run stock blocks in the past. They break at over 700HP, and that's not to say some won't last at 800HP or better, but some have broken at 600HP. 1000+HP combo's parts are just too expensive to risk it. Also, a stock block will cost more in machine work because of the added band aids needed.
That's where my frustration is seeded. But, I think I might finally have the predator ready to go, and it looks like rain for our last race.