Well said Monte, Mad Scientist, and good comments all around, except one. I won't mention names, but he likes this doing sort of thing so I won't play.
I am trying something different this time and think I may actually have it ready to make our last race.
And I understand that business is business. When you take chances in business based on emotion, it's a recipe for failure. Let's take a look at what's been developed fairly recently. Predator heads came out around 10 years ago, and showed some promise but needed a few changes. Changes were made, they were starting to show more promise, and Indy wound up with them.
Indy developed the 600-13 in-line valve head, and a 4.840 Cyl. block to accommodate that head only. It might be a decent head, but very few own them, or the block. I wonder what that development cost was. But Russ ca be such a Richard, that people including me, don't want to buy their stuff.
Koffel has been pretty much selling the B1 and B1/MC head forever. He did try to work with Koleno for a while on an aluminum block/head combo, but we know what happened there.
Then there is Best Machine. They came out with their version of the B1 PSO head, and it makes some good power, but again, no support.
Goodwin builds lot's of high dollar stuff that runs strong, but like Sonny's, it's very high end.
It's a 4.625 stroke, 4.560 bore making 604 CI and change. We'll see how it runs, hopefully this Friday. It adds 180#'s to my dragster though with the steel block at 2060 now. Oh, and good corrected air here is 5500 ft.