Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The point is it could be done but the blocks are over priced and hard to get and the options aren't there. It's an end user problem.

So who is at fault ? If the Mopar guys have bought up every X-block, R-block, Megablock that has been produced...and bought Every Crate Hemi that has been built.....how on earth can anyone blame them ????

OK I'm gonna try this one more time, just for sport. If the supplier produces 60 blocks, and the consumers need 70+ blocks, how many blocks does the supplier need to make to keep up with demand? And the bore needs to be 4.700 or bigger, and the stroke needs to be 5.5" or bigger, and the current block and cyl head design only allows for 4.560 bore by 5" stroke, what needs to be done to supply little Johnny a block? Can you say aftermarket bow tie? Sure you can.

DING DING DING. We have a winna!

To supply little Johnny a block, the 700 and up HP guys need to stop playing Russian Roulette and pony up, increasing the demand, causing production to go and prices to come down.
When the last 1976 44o pukes it's guts out and there are none to be had, then, maybe the worm will turn. Until then, MoPar BB (and big displacement SB's) racers will suffer with geometrically silly engine combinations.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned you've been telling me this for 20 years.