Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just wondering, what is the bore spacing on the pro stock hemi head? If someone was to make a tall deck block that would fit that head, would it be a viable option? As i see it, any way you slice it, it will "look" like a chevy engine regardless of what block gets put under the head.

If the pro stock hemi head would serve as a foundation for a big inch mopar engine, lets all get together and have someone start making blocks to fill the void.

I think the guy's name is Goodwin, and they make a billet block for a 5" bore spacing engine, which is what the Mopar pro stock program is built around. Diablo has what I believe is a 655" deal for sled pulling. I want to say it makes around 1350-1400, and the price tag is north of $75,000. He might chime in and correct me, but he will know. Al Alguire also ran 500 CI tamed hemi 99 deal in the 10.5" tire class, he can tell you about that.
That's the point. Al, Boat Racer 572, Steve Gill and I are now working with the predator combos. Boat Racer and Steve Gill, are the only ones I know, and I'm sure there are others although rare, doing it successfully. Indy is useless for information. I have in excess of $1000 just on head gaskets because as I said, Indy is useless with any information/help. If I didn't have help from the other names mentioned here and some I didn't, I might as well be doing this by scratch.
This is where my frustration comes from. Fact, I could have ordered a 665 12 degree GM style race application motor for around $40-45,000 with a dry sump making an easy 1400 + HP. If I needed help, I know at least ten people that have more information and knowledge than Indy, and are ready to help. And if I had my money back, that's what I would do. I've been a Mopar loyalist for over 40 years, but eventually enough is enough. So if or when I decide to sell this stuff and go the easy route, someone will get a sweet deal on this stuff and all the info they want.

Just to chime in Quickly, We have Ran a good chunk of engines over the past 7-8 years and our last two have come From Goodwin. We have done the refreshes to the engines but they were originally built by Goodwin. Both have been 5" Bore space 650ci engines. The first one used IHRA 5" Hemi heads which were blanks that Goodwin worked with. Goodwin used a cast Donovan 5" block for that engine. There are a few of the cast headed cast block Goodwin engines out there. Ours made mid 1400hp. I sold that to a Drag racer around Chicago. This season we Ran Goodwins 5" Billet engine. He developed the head and block but the main design idea was from the 99 head. They look and are a lot different then a Sonny or Schmidt Hemi head. Both head and block are Billet CNC'ed in house. Top notch engine and its been awhile since we had 100% faith in the engine each run. Could not say that back when we were running the B1-TS engines. The new Billet engines are over 1600hp now.

Wish he had a Wedge head program...........but at that level, being 5.0 spacing and essentially using Chevy pattern blocks.........I guess it would serve no purpose. Wonder if he would be interested in developing a "nitrous friendly" chamber design for his heads. Since they are essentially a "twisted wedge" with a plug in the center, it would likely work, but would take a bit of development to work on a 4.700 bore or so.

What bore are your motors??

Monte

Hi Monte,
He does have a wedge head program actually. Came out with it last year. It makes a little less power then the Hemi program but it was about 10k less then the hemi also. To my knowledge he only sold a few because most would just find the extra dime to jump to the hemi. For Nitros chambers I would just give him a call. I wouldn't be surprised if he already had something. I also know the same 5" design stuff he has can be made on the 5.3 Bore spacing. He just mentioned to me when someone has the $$ they will build it.

The bores were both around 4.780-4.786 on my two engines.

Man Diablo, that's some nice stuff! Is that Brad Penn oil I see?