So, I've been extremely busy lately due to school, work, and my senior project so I've had no time to even look at the Dart; however, I'll be done with my last final of my undergraduate career (hopefully) the morning of Fri March 20th (7 days from now). After that, I'm still negotiating with work with regards to time off between the time I graduate and me being hired full-time, and if I'm still working 20 hour weeks (or on "vacation"), I may be able to get the Dart "done" in time for some events if I work hard and fast enough. I don't really want to take it to my body shop because they're going to be really slow since they can't make much money off of this car (most parts are already bought and normal fender benders make the money, not old cars).

So, the events I'm trying to make it to are the NMCA Hotchkis Autocross (3/28 and/or 3/29, 8 days from 3/20) and Spring Fling (5/9 to 5/13, 19+ days from 3/20). I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the track event on Thursday or if my car will be "safe" enough to run.

So here are the things left on my list of things that need to get done:

-Replace one rear shock (mine came installed with a shim in the bushing and I haven't had time to press it out at school).
-Grease all ball joints and u-joints on driveshaft (I've never done before)
-Redo the front brake lines from the distribution block to the caliper (due to front mounting calipers).
-Wire in the line lock (or remove it and make another brake line to take its place for now).
-Oil change, add ATF, add PS fluid, and radiator flush. (most of which I've never done, personally, before).
-Bleed brake system.
-Front End Alignment needs to be done (I'm probably going to need a shop to do it).

So, here are my safety concerns:
1) Currently, the brake lines going from the distribution block to the rear of the car are dangling unsupported in the car as my friend wanted to tie them to the subframe connectors that were eventually going to get welded in. I'm assuming it wouldn't be a good idea to run those without being supported by something.
2) Subframe connectors and sway bars probably won't be welded in (not that big of a deal but it will help balance the car).
3) I need to install a speedometer cable (unfortunately, with 26" tall tires and 3.55 gears, it won't be very accurate). I bought one years ago, but it had the wrong input to the transmission.
4) I am having what I believe a grounding issue for my temp and fuel level gauge as they come in and out whenever they choose. (I've been ok without them so far, but if I'm going to be racing the car, I want to know if I'm running at a safe temperature).
5) I still have low compression in one cylinder from 1.5 years ago (average was about 120-150 psi while cylinder 2, I believe, was running around 60 psi).

So, would it be even safe to say that I could get some of the issues sorted out to get this car on the road, running, and possibly competing/attending at some of these events?

I know I'm new to doing a lot of things. I really don't know how to grease all of the ball joints. I tried using my Autozone grease gun (which leaks from every crack), placed it on the little valve-thingy, and tried to pump grease into it, but I don't think it worked as the grease was just oozing out. Also, I've never done an oil change myself, but I assume it's as easy as removing the oil filter, dumping the oil, installing a new filter, dropping in new oil. Then there's the fact that I've never bent my own brake lines. I know I'm going to need a Dremel and a tubing bender tool.

I know this is a long shot, but is there anyone close-by that could possibly lend me a hand during the week of the 23rd? I know OzHemi is busy loading containers and Tomwheels may also be busy (and quite further down south). Should I just call Hotchkis in Santa Fe Springs and see what they can do? To be honest, I'm tired of seeing my Dart just sitting in my garage not doing anything but collecting dust.