Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean NO NO NO? You guys dont get on it on the street? Why such interest in OD833? The core I bought was $80 @ Iola old car show in Wisconsin. They are cheap .

They are cheap for a reason.
As I stated earlier in this thread:
The old Chrysler 4 speed ODs were not intended to be a racer's trans they were built for people that wanted better mileage. It is NOT the trans you want behind a big cube engine that you are trying to bang gears in. It is just a matter of short time before you scatter it.

They have a terrible gear spread for racing.

I paid $2500. for my Passon 4 speed overdrive gears set shipped and installed by a professional shop in my 4 speed case. compare the gear ratios listed in the link with what you have in your gas miser Chrysler 4 speed overdrive and you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.passonperformance.com/images/stories/passon_documents/Passon_Overdrive_Flyer_20091109.pdf

Do you really think you would notice the wide spacing with 700+ ft/lbs under your right foot?.

While the design has some issues like the aluminum case with an unbushed countershaft, and less than ideal gear spacing for cars with no torque they are IMHO woefully under rated as far as average street cruiser duty goes. I know guys that have them behind stock to mild hemi's and have drove them cross country with zero issues. As long as you run BFG TA's you will never get a load on it big enough to hurt anything. Not saying you can't break it, just that it isn't nearly as easy as everyone thinks it is.

Kevin