Quote:

First thanks for the help trying to figure out a solution. To answer your questions I think it has 80w90 in it. I dont think the problem is worn parts in the overdrive. One of my 2 transmissions is new rebuilt and all new parts, the other is uesd. It has the same problem with both. With each unit removed the syncros look good. To evil spirit, ive been told by a local guy the exact thing you stated. The trans drops the engine down 1000 more RPM on the overdrive A833 and the syncros have to slow the input shaft that much more. To add to that now I have to slow 2 clutch discs rather than 1. To rapidfire64 you said put your 18 spline Hemi 4 speed back in and "change the D60 to 3.54"?????? You mean change a gear? Can I do that? I do have 29" rear tires. I will do a lot of freeway driving and I like the fact I can do that now @ 2800 rpm. One response asked what the problem is. Its after 1st gear @ 5500 rpm I depress the clutch all the way to shift and the shifter will not pull down to 2nd. If I wait and wait and keep pulling it will a go into 2nd few seconds later. That does me no good in a street race though. I was told that I need closer ratios than I have in 1-2-3 and this wont happen. Is that true? And if so how do I do that?
Thanks

Passon sells an OD gear set with gear splits like a 727, but it's an 18 spline input shaft and about $2k. Is your OD in an alum case ?

you are asking a lot from that OD trans , I'm surprised it hasn't scattered yet.

Street racing