Quote:

I have a 69 Super Bee with a 543 stroker 715 ft lb torque, 410 gears, a-833 overdrive 4 speed trans. I burned thru the 1st 500 hp clutch in a week or so. Swapped to a McLeod twin disc clutch system. The problem is with 2 different transmissions it is very hard to shift from 1-2. The reason I use the a-833 23 spline overdrive from I believe a mid 70's 2 wheel drive truck is with the hemi 4 speed and 410 gears it screams 3800 down the freeway. I don't race the car other than on the street. I need to be able to take it on the freeway and hate driving in the slow lane. The trans itself seeme to hold up to the torque ok but still a very difficult 1-2 shift. I was told the reason this happens to the overdrive and not the hemi 4 speed is because the difference in 1-2 gear ratios in the overdrive is much larger. I've looked up the specs and it is larger. What can I do? I'd hate to switch to the hemi 4 speed because the McLeod twin disc 23 spline set up was expensive and holds great. Is there a gear set for the overdrive that is closer ratios in 1-2-3 and a bigger gap to overdrive? I can do most of the street driving I want to do in 1-2-3 anyways. Any ideas? Thanks in advance......