here is a mockup of the now manual brake setup. it was a drum car, so the whole car was plumbed that way. i did not want to replace the whole front brake line setup with 'proper' lines/distribution block/proportioning valve, so i used what we had. the car at some point had an older SSBC power front disc setup put on it. it didn't work for doo doo with the big cammed small block.....

they kept the stock lines, but installed a adjustable proportioning valve inline to the rears, the fronts two separate lines. so, i kept it that way. one inch manual master, fronts sump to the distribution block, then to the fronts, the rears sump to the p-valve hidden under the master, then to the distribution block and on to the rears. i kept the ssbc disc calipers, as they looked brand new, alomg with the rotors, you can still see cross hatch marks. this car did not get driven much. show car kinda thing, which is NOT my thing, i drive the snot out of my cars, and this one will be no different.......

the brakes worked, but not NEARLY as they should. with ever thankful help from dr. diff, he recommended a smaller bore master from a later plymouth with power brakes, it came in at 15/16"s bore, but had the deep indent for a manual rod in back. perfect. the ssbc calipers were fun to sort out for pads. they were modeled after an older kelsey hayes style, used on '65 to '67 mustangs, and some mid 70's plymouths. i ended up going with some red ebc pads as well. now, the car actually stops.

7445848-IMG_2681.jpg (273 downloads)