hey folks! nice title huh? it will make sense as we go along.

i have been a lurker for most of the time i have spent here, but i thought i would finally compose and share my and my uncle's latest project, a convertible 'cuda project. more of a serious 'freshening up', going through the interior, wiring, engine compartment, drivetrain, including a new hemi engine. the body and paint are as purchased.....

a quick back story on the car: it started out as a slant six three speed car, red, with red and white interior. as the story goes, at some point, someone took a totaled out AAR cuda, and built up this car using the components from it. rally dash, engine, tranny, rear end, hood, etc.

we have owned the car for a couple years now, and finding the true history has proven difficult. i have seen this car pass through barret jackson, and mecum, and both back stories varied a bit, but were close to the story we got when we bought it.

i have learned a lot along the way, as far as what is 'real' on the car, and what is not. since the car is a hodge podge of this and that anyway, we decided to just build it the way we wanted, but using all factory 'style' components, ie, anything that was offered, just not maybe all on one car.

so here we have, the one of none, 1970 convertible hemi aar 'cuda.

enjoy!

7439018-IMG_0012.jpg (748 downloads)