Quote:

Quote:

this car came with a small block, that after a VERY short time in our possession, decided to give up the ghost. lost oil pressure, and before i knew it, rods were a knockin' like nobody's business. so, out it came.......

Typical auction car.... Incorrect claim on T/A block. Not well functioning/running car. I bet it looked pretty on the auction stage or in dealer pictures under the right frosty lights.

Somebody cut some corners and/or did something wrong in that motor to cause that pushrod problem. I bet the motor showed indications of something wrong before you bought it.

Stinks that you had to go through all that.

you are correct on all fronts. it idled like crap, huge cam, motor looked pretty worn out inside, brakes were not up to snuff, lot's of detail stuff. it's got great bones, solid car, good paint, decent parts to work with, it just needs the 'detail' orientated person to make it shine, and perform as it should.

we are getting there, i am happy with it overall, but you nailed it, i got stuck with tons of little problems. (the engine being a big problem of course)