Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OH wow,....many THANKS for the pics!!
It appears my set up is exactly like yours (looking at your motor) EXCEPT on yours the stud poking thru the Ebrock Chrysler adapter is sitting to the right side on the slider bar, while mine sits to the left side on the slider bar….this is in idle position, why would mine be different? Also I have the slot on my kick down rod positioned so that its mounting bolt is slid all the way to the right end. Looks like yours is the same way? I just went for another short trip and the ol girl just has no giddiyap for some reason. No kick down action still, if I floor it at mid range (35-40 mph) the carb will open up (WAAAAAAHHHHH) but no gear change....its in drive (3rd gear) all the way up. I know she has some kick to her....

Did you get the slotted bar set up so tht it is like the picture i posted above ? If not then your not setup correctly and it will not do what you think it should do. It needs to be setup like it is in the picture above.

Keep on driving it the way it is and it won't be long before you are asking ...

Why does my trans only have 1st and 2nd gear ???

ARE YOU SURE???? I just got back from running her, I made the changes suggested by A12rag and WHAT a difference, (i also seem to have all gears as I tested that before even backing down the driveway (safety first, ya know) results: MORE POWER from the moment I pull out into traffic. The geometry of your setup looks identical to mine but for the difference in the position of the sliders (mine vs. yours). I don't know why that is, maybe could be that your car is OEM 4bbl and mine is not, the linkage setup might not work out to be exactly the same. If there is something still messed up I'll continue wringing it out...I still think there is still a little bit more thrust to be had...but this is way more like it. THANKS A12RAG

OOOKAAY. Just found this on the C body dry dock...there is a "2bbl" kick down rod and a "4bbl" kick down rod --- "the two barrel kick down rod is 1.25" shorter than the 4 bbl one, so it must have the extension on there to work correctly. Mine was missing- there was a jury rigged 5/16" threaded rod in it's place, and when I went to the pic-n-pull to get the right one, I grabbed one off a 2bbl car (didn't know about the difference at the time)". Sheeesh will this ever end. Now I gotta find the correct rod.
JohnRR - maybe this might have something to do with the difference of between my linkage and the one in your pic; I dunno just trying to see what sticks to the wall....I'll get this hammered out sooner or later...