Quote:

hi
open your throttle to wide open and check that the linkage to trans is all but used up the travel of the linkage , should be app 1/16 in travel in rod not used up .

this should give you the passing gear shift when at wide open thrtle and have the lower shift points correct .

we need to know what performance parts your engine has to get correct tune up otherwise it will be a slug !

Hi- it is (was) a plain jane 1970 383 2bbl motor w/62K mi. I paid to have a good professional valve job done to it (and much to my surprise it was super clean inside!),I tossed in Mopar Performance valve springs, new push rods, lifters, hardened valve seats, new Cloyes timing chain, MP 383/440 magnum grind camshaft, electronic ignition (orange box), MSD blaster coil, MP distributor, flex-a-lite aux trans cooler, and topped it all off with an Edelbrock performer aluminum intake manifold and Edelbrock "Thunder" series 650CFM AVS carburator. I'm running stock exhaust logs that exit out 2.5" pipes to Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. I think I should be feeling a lot more power than what I am.