Quote:

Thanks. I've heard of that product as well as something called "Lokar", but I was able to score a OEM 4bbl bracket off another 383 motor that came from the factory with a 4bbl carb. It bolted on exactly to my motor, and everything else seems to line up well too. I'm wondering if I have the kick down lever properly attached, but only trying to guess.

First off the 2 bbl and 4 bbl throttle cable bracket are the same part so I'm confused as to what you got off the 4bbl engine that was different ?

What exact carb do you have ? Is it an aftermarket ebrock 650 AVS or a factory AVS ? If ebrock do you have the throttle adapter specifically for a Chrysler application , if not you need it .

The only part that is different between the 2 bbl and 4bbl , other than maybe the throttle CABLE length , is the upper most rod that goes goes from the pivot on the bracket to the carb, it's longer and ebrock does sell a threaded extension that will allow the 2bbl rod to work. there is an adjustment procedure to correctly set this linkage up to work properly in the Factory service manual.

Driving without the THROTTLE PRESSURE linkage (incorrectly refered to as kickdown) incorrectly installed or not installed is going to fry the direct (3rd gear) clutches in short order.