Quote:

Quote:

Thanks. I've heard of that product as well as something called "Lokar", but I was able to score a OEM 4bbl bracket off another 383 motor that came from the factory with a 4bbl carb. It bolted on exactly to my motor, and everything else seems to line up well too. I'm wondering if I have the kick down lever properly attached, but only trying to guess.

First off the 2 bbl and 4 bbl throttle cable bracket are the same part so I'm confused as to what you got off the 4bbl engine that was different ?

What exact carb do you have ? Is it an aftermarket ebrock 650 AVS or a factory AVS ? If ebrock do you have the throttle adapter specifically for a Chrysler application , if not you need it .

The only part that is different between the 2 bbl and 4bbl , other than maybe the throttle CABLE length , is the upper most rod that goes goes from the pivot on the bracket to the carb, it's longer and ebrock does sell a threaded extension that will allow the 2bbl rod to work. there is an adjustment procedure to correctly set this linkage up to work properly in the Factory service manual.

Driving without the THROTTLE PRESSURE linkage (incorrectly refered to as kickdown) incorrectly installed or not installed is going to fry the direct (3rd gear) clutches in short order.

Hi – the bracket that was original to my 383 2bbl set up is totally different then the one I grabbed off another 383 motor I have. The latter had a 4bbl carb on it (came out of a dodge challenger). I looks very different than the 2bbl bracket however it still bolts up to the same exact location on my intake manifold.
I have an aftermarket Edlebrock AVS carb, 650CFM, and I do have the Ebrock Chrysler adapter on it.
Funny, I have no “cable”, just a solid steel “rod” that has a couple bends in it as it connects down to the kick down lever on the transmission. The other end of it is slotted and connects to throttle mechanism on the carb. I’ve attached a picture of the OLD 2bbl bracket set I was running with the new Ebrock carb…with this setup the car would run but would not shift properly no matter how many times I tried to adjust it….1st and 2nd gear came in too quickly and then the rest was ALL 3rd gear from like 25mph and up. The second pic is the 4bbl bracket setup (note the difference between the two brackets). I was just out for a spin and made a few quick adjustments on the fly, but still not getting in kick down action…like when trying to merge on highway and you mash the peddle at 35-40 mph to catch up to cars going 65-70mph. Also I think I might need to adjust when the secondaries begin to open as well.