Quote:

Quote:

The real question is; How much ET and trap speed did you pick up by jetting your motor 6 numbers richer in the front

7mph

What's the whole story? You jetted the end carbs to get it to run the best it could, then looked at the O2 to see what it showed? then started reading the plugs and stagger jetting and it picked up 7MPH??

Or, did you just jet the end carbs to get it to read a certain number on the O2, like mid 12's.....and then started reading plugs and stagger jetting to got it to pick up 7MPH??

I'm also assuming the air was basically the same throughout all this too??

Quote:

Wayne,what ith difference between EGT's & o/2's in each cylinder.I had bungs intalled in each tube for egt's and did not get to use them on dyno day.

I've got EGT's on my car too (mainly because they came with the used RacePak I'd bought), but they're really only there to tell you if you've got a dead hole either because of a plug wire, cracked plug or bad coil on that cylinder.........even Top Fuel guys will tell you they're basically useless for tuning.....it just tells them exactly when it dropped a cylinder......

Something else to think about.......Your motor may not necessarily want all the EGT's or even O2 readings cylinder to cylinder to be exactly the same.........especially in the case of a Six Pack where it's got a dual plane intake.....end cylinders typically run hotter........the right bank typically runs hotter than the left bank.....longer runners and runners with more of a bend typically need more fuel.......now throw in the G forces of the car launching and running down the track (like Ray mentioned) and it's crazy what it takes to tune that especially when you have 3 jets per back to tune with ........

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......