Quote:

It is a tool like any other tool, the end user determines how effective it becomes Mine has help me immensily Buy a dual wideban with the ability to read RPM and store data so you can transfer it to a laptop or some other devise to read and analyse it later instead of having to focus on the gauge while driving, racing or in traffic

I agree! Add this with some experienced advice from guys like Cab, and it really makes a big difference in performance and tuning. It's a must have device in one form or another.

I got the FAST dual band with a portable handheld reader, but I don't recommend it. Get the type Cab describes above. The reason is you can't slow down the playback, jump to a particular spot or transfer the log on a laptop to study it in relation to RPM etc.

It's essencially provides you with a real time reading that allows you to capture one log at a time. It only plays it back at real time too, and the changes to the A/F ratio redings are fast. Especially in a fast stick shift car.... It works, but it's not ideal. It helped me in spite of it's shortcomings.

I have been able to successfully tune using it, but it could be a lot nicer and easier to dump the data in a laptop. The Fast dualband is dated technology.

FAST says they make a software & attachment to allow the hand-held one I have transfer the logs to a laptop, but I couldn't get it to work and their Tech Service regarding it is abysmal!

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)