My thoughts are:

1. sounds good to me
2. do it to it
3. have fun

I'm making 499.75 at the wheels here with a homebuilt
451 Wedge, it's a fun street car and more power would be better! I just fill it up with 93 and head down the road

My car is pretty tame and very simple compared to alot of the guys I associate with, or run into regularly

Around here it is not uncommon to find a high compression, aluminum rod, multiple carb V8 car putzing around Woodward on a Saturday like it's no big deal. Or a roots blown deal. Or an EFI forced induction rig. Or a nitrous rig....and so on. You name it, they can all make the power and then some. 650 is not a lofty goal for a hemi, you won't have a problem as long as common sense is applied.

You can't possibly ever have too much power

you CAN have a chassis, driveline, tires, or driver that is not able to handle it though...which you will probably want to address...in your own personalized way, in your own time....

After reading you will probably need a stronger axle 18 times or whatever it has been, I'm sure the point has been made so I'm not going to repeat it

So I say do it and enjoy yourself....

You didn't ask "how" to do it, or "what else will I need", which everyone is trying to answer their way is great and the best, etc etc....that's a discussion I won't be part of.

I say "do it your way".
How do you want to accomplish it?

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri