Quote:

Bobby you have way more exp them me, and not to go to far off topic, but I see your reference to 30 40k miles, and I guess your talking a wide lobe sep cam and a semi long service life. Far from a race motor.

Using alot of dur 280-s and at 106 we are still pulling after 7k so why not use it if the heads support it, what is wrong with rpm if the heads/setup supports it and many are running there strokers past 7k.

Are you leaning more towards a 30-40k daily driven motor in that thinking vs somthing that gets tore down every couple years or when needed??? Another member here just tore his stroker apart after a year of abuse at 7k plus only to find no issues.

Im asking this trying to learn, not be a smartazz. I just dont understand why I want to shift at 6k when im still making power to 7k as many are doing? Is alot of it for longer life? Im just a bit confused, your talking 30-40k mile build in the race section.

with quick77, who's talking about 500hp street motors? you can't tell me large ci SB with good heads wont make more hp. and capeable of higher rpm