68hemiss

Cheers for the great info & the pic of the cool can, I’m not trying to make an exact copy of any particular car but I do want to keep this project as period correct as my finances and limited knowledge allow so keep up the helpful pics & info as it is of great help to me with this project. The cool can in the pic has a certain look about it that dates it quite well so that’s what I’ll look for but I won’t get too stressed whether it is red or blue or which knob/ handle the lid has, as long as it looks similar to the one in the pic & preferably a brand that was used on this type of car.

The Chrysler Prestolite coil you identified, I may end up using a similar looking coil/s painted that shade of blue to look like the ones used back in the day. I think it is all these details that will hopefully make my car a hit rather than a miss with what I’m aiming for.

I won’t know how the cable attaches to the Stewart Warner tach I bought today for at least a month as I use a slow (but cheap) means of freight from the US to my home in New Zealand. I may need to ask you more about this when it arrives & I can see what I actually have & what I need to make it work.

As far as the tyres go I will be using the old bias ply style tyres, I think given time I’ll use 2 sets of Keystone wheels, 15x7 with 27-18” street tyres & 15x10 with 29-30” street tyres for cruising distances & a set of 15x4 with tall treaded front runners & 15x10 with slicks for short runs, shows & drags. I totally understand what you are saying about tyre height & steering clear of radials to keep this thing looking correct.

I have just started looking at the Dana 60 thing & I can see that this is a big deal in itself & there is some major homework to be done before I start committing to anything.

hemiviper588

Great pic, really cool paint job!

Do you mind if I post it directly on this thread it so others don’t have to open your attachment?

JERICOGTX

I’ll look into the tyres you mentioned, you are quite right about radials & I can safely say I won’t be going there.

As for the hood/scoop I am still undecided at this point, I like the 6 pack scoop, I like the pro stock scoop & I do like the shaker scoop but due to price I haven’t thought too much about the shaker. If I do go to a shaker it would probably be a cheater setup where the hood is all one with the scoop mounted in as part of the hood, I just can not justify the cost of a full out shaker setup for this car. My dual quad setup might look a bit tame under a pro stock scoop but I could always change to a tunnel ram or just stand proud & say it’s my car & I’ll do what I like!

Thanks Guys for the great input.