Quote:

so I bought a new gasket.... AND a Stant 160 degree thermostat.
I tossed both the Mr Gasket 160 high flow stat and the Stant 160 stat into a pot filled with water, then added heat.
The Stant stat started opening at 165 degrees, it was fully open by 170 degrees.
The Mr Gasket 160 high flow stat started opening at.... well.... the water got to 210 degrees and the stat NEVER opened!!!!! I tried it a few times!

I think I was one of the you took with a grain of salt. I was getting a bad overheating problem and I yanked the 160*F Mr. Gasket T-Stat out and tested it. I started opening at 195*F. I chucked it in a box. I installed the smaller throat 160*F Stant but the Premium one from Napa. It started opening at 155 and full open by 168*F.

On my last visit to the States I went looking for Mopar 160*F / 180*F T-Stats from Mr. G....Nothing....Special Order...I guess no one wants to carry them anymore. All I could find was Ford and GM. I won't buy another Mr. G T-Stat again.

I actually used 2 thermocouples in my testing of the T-Stats. My readings were accurate. My heat source was controlled, elevated 1 degree every 30 seconds for the first 100 and then 1/2 degree per minute degree the last 100.

Amazing how the 40 yr old design still outperforms the new design and still costs $4 compared to $10 (not to mention all the other damage you are inflicting on your system)

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s