Quote:

Quote:

There are two different big block Milodon water pumps I think- any idea which part# is better for a street car?
I have a 440source water pump, I would rather TRY a Milodon and make sure the pump I have isn't a factor- my Mr Gasket high flow stat sure was..... I want to compare water pumps next....

What were your issues with the MR Gasket stat?
I am using the Source pump and housing on the 472 Hemi in the 69 RR I am working on. I will see if it is a problem on this one. It has a 26" Afco custom radiator.
This was my engine, and is similar to yours, minus the ultra cool induction you have!
Is this the Milodon pump to use?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts.aspx?sku=MIL-16260

Mark

I put it in another thread Mark.... but I was thinking my Jensen was running warm. I eventually found a little coolant seepage coming from my thermostat gasket, so I bought a new gasket.... AND a Stant 160 degree thermostat.
I tossed both the Mr Gasket 160 high flow stat and the Stant 160 stat into a pot filled with water, then added heat.
The Stant stat started opening at 165 degrees, it was fully open by 170 degrees.
The Mr Gasket 160 high flow stat started opening at.... well.... the water got to 210 degrees and the stat NEVER opened!!!!! I tried it a few times!

I heard a ton of bad things about them here and there on the internet but always thought it was probably some other problem, that kinda thing...
Now I'm gonna stay away from the Mr Gasket high flow stats!!!!

I have a 440source pump on my Jensen, I just HAVE to try a Milodon to see if it makes a difference.
I'm trying to get a 16260 as we speak!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY