Quote:

From my research in the 80's about Chrysler Super Stock cars I believe this car to be the real deal.

I was the feature editor for Classic Chrysler Quarterly, I did a lot of research and kept my files...

Summer 1988 issue.
"When Chrysler began to build hemi powered cars in 1964 for Grand National Racing a "Track Package" was developed to give a racer a complete car. On March 2,1964 a price bulletin was issued covering the new super commando hemi head engine designed for drag racing competition.. in addition the bulletin stated the single 4 barrel track option version for this engine was available by ordering the necessary conversion package from Chrysler p/n2532496. this was only available on 4speed steel body Belvedere hardtop.
Chrysler did not start producing "track cars" until May-June of 1964."

Fall 1987 CCQ
"There is no list of race or street hemis production numbers that can be believed as 100% correct. Chrysler kept a fairly good record of models shipped to customers but poor record keeping of models produced as preproduction prototypes, engineering cars, exported cars and cars produced in Canada. Production for 1964 & 65 Super Stock cars is believed to be 271 engines for 1964 and 360 engine for 1965. the is good indications that 50 Dodge Coronets and 15 Plymouth Belvederes were equipped with the 426 race hemi in 1964."

From 1987 I have a 5 page hand written letter from Ralph Ronzello regarding the car...

In the letter according to his conversations with Maxwell "Track cars from Chrysler were all built and sold with the dual carb setup and the track option was sent along with the car to be installed by the racer."

More notes
Nascar X-9 race car, 2 air cleaners shipped with car for short & long tracks. Valve covers are made form 3 pieces of welded aluminum.

According to an Chrysler internal document 660342
"the production of several hundred engines was competed by the end of 1964 model year."

Whats the deal with "64post" deleting his posts???

There is more, I don't have time right now to scan the documents, but if you guys play nice about this I will take the time.

Some of you are not being nice....

Thanks for chiming in with your post, and yes if you have anymore additional information regarding the 64 Hemi Dodge & Plymouth hardtops & sedans built. Anything like TSB/technical service bulletins, factory photo's, or any other interesting documents/data that you might have from Chrysler would be greatly appreciated!
And yes it does get a little heated on here sometimes.