Quote:

As far as Galen, Daryl, or anyone elses business, I can't comment. As far as the question you pointed at me, no, I don't authenticate cars for free, that's a service I offer as part of my business and for the record is more involving than a simple sharing of information, public or otherwise. On the other hand I quite commonly share information and details for free here on Moparts and on the phone (no credit card required), in many cases this information is not public or commonly known, so what? It's not always about money or profit (IMO anyway) I suppose some think it would be better to hoard info they might have until they die off and the history dies with them?

Anyway, I'm not attempting to confront anyone here, just curious why everyone is so tight lipped about sharing some history? I really don't see how answering any of the questions posted so far would cause anyone to lose potential profits? If I missed something please feel free to let me know?

Still

Scott, I gotta agree with you. I have called you and you were very upfront with me about that WO car here in California. You gave me great information and didn't charge me a dime and I respect and appreciate that. Greg Lane was an unbelievable source of information to me and also provided help in locating correct parts. I have talked to him much about these cars and you know, he would just talk for hours and the wealth of information he gave, just because he loved them, and wanted to share it. Darrell Davis I have talked to as well and he was very much the same. I don't mind paying for any of that stuff, because I know it does have value to the right people. But share it, if you have some top secret documentation about an individual car, well then go ahead and charge, no problem with that. I would gladly pay for any info on the history of my individual car, that could be documented. Give us some idea that you have that knowledge. But general stuff, like, why the cars were built, were they raced? were they just max-wedge replacements? In my opinion should be shared. Why hoard that information? Get it out there before all the guys that are in the "know" about these cars die- off. Is there any harm in that?

64 S/S Hemi Plymouth, 1963 4-Door (13.5-1) Max Wedge Savoy, 69-440 Dart 10.20 et 132 mph on the footbrake, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel, 69-440-6 Roadrunner, 05 Hemi Magnum, 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 P/u, 2005 Viper, 98' Town & Country.