Quote:

(Race&Resto) - The Ramchargers race team had a couple of 64 Dodge's, one was a 64 max-wedge hardtop, and the other was a 64 Hemi sedan 2% car.

(sixpakdodge) - I believe the 2% car started out as a Max Wedge.

I personally don't think it ever had a max-wedge engine in it, or at least raced with one, because I've never seen any old photo's to confirm this. But I do believe this 64 Dodge sedan was slated to become a max-wedge car, because it had a max-wedge scoop on it, but it never made it out the door. I believe it was given to the Ramcharger's team and converted to the first Hemi mule car.

That's my theory, unless someone can provide some photo's of this 64 Ramcharger sedan with a max-wedge engine shot? Infact I could have bought this 64 Hemi sedan from an Iowa seller in the late 80's, but Mike Guffey eventually ended up buying it about a year later. I talked with him several times over the next couple of years about this car, we discussed several things on it and he told me there was no VIN plate or fender tag on the car, and he did find a November/63 build date under the rear package tray.

So take that info for what it is, unless someone knows one of the Ramcharger team members that remembers how this car was built exactly? It would be interesting to find out the build dates of the other 64 Dodge & Plymouth 2% cars, (four cars were built, two Dodge's & two Plymouth's).

All 4 of the 2% cars started off as Max Wedges.