Quote:

So who's to say that someone who worked for Chrysler on the assembly at the time bought this or built this car the way the other 4 Hemi mule cars that were built? It's in the same time frame that those were built?

That is my point exactly. We can't say anything other than what is subjection at this point. Until something shows up differently, i.e. first owner and documentation, then it ((the car) is just a big question mark.????? I have no problem with it either way, but show me something other than speculation and I will buy into it. That car is not my concern at the moment. The thread is about 64' Hemi Hardtops and how they got here and why. Not and individual car and it's authentication. Right now, I would like to hear about all of them, not one single ambiguious car. There are enough people around that can properly decode that car. Give Greg Lane a call. PM me and I will give you that number. Other than that, why were ALL of those cars built and what was their purpose? Again, was it to apease NASCAR for the 1965 Season? Ford was complaining loudly about the Hemi, could it have been to say that the hemi cars, were production cars for Nascar purposes, knowing how late they were assembled. I mean look at how close to the 65 year that they were made. Then when Nascar outlawed the Hemi for the 65' season, that's when Chrysler killed the program and went drag racing with the 65' A-990 cars. Just thoughts...

64 S/S Hemi Plymouth, 1963 4-Door (13.5-1) Max Wedge Savoy, 69-440 Dart 10.20 et 132 mph on the footbrake, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 turbo diesel, 69-440-6 Roadrunner, 05 Hemi Magnum, 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 P/u, 2005 Viper, 98' Town & Country.