Here's a story about the first time I met Ronnie Sox....
I was at the Empire Nationals late 80's early 90's wandering thru the Pro pits, there was this Pro/Mod car there that Looked more like a Pro/street than a Pro/Mod (tons of chrome, Fancy paint job) Chevy Lumina I believe??? It was along side a small enclosed trailer pulled by a pickup, basically nothing over the top except.... the chic they had with them, she was a cutie, and was wearing a short midriff shirt that when she came to the trailer door and reached up to hold on to the top of the door opening...lets just say it wasn't a Midriff shirt any longer, She was wearing jeans with cuts in them, in all the right place's, even in the front.... you could see heaven... there had to be 50-75 guys surrounding this "Car" appreciating it for it abilities I'm sure. So being one of the 50-75, I turned to look over my shoulder to see Ronnie Sox and crew standing across the pit lane (all by themselves - No fans, no nothing )hands on their hips watching all of us looking at this "Pro/Street-Pro/Mod" so I wandered over, as I approached I said "Nice Car" meaning his Comet Pro/Mod, His reply was "what car???" I grinned and told him I meant his... His reply was still "what car ????"
So when you want to have he baddest car at the track, just remember to bring the proper crew personel