My first time racing my GTX, back in 1983. I was 16, just finished building the 440 with my neighbor. Had it.030 over, 10.5 to 1, stock intake, TQ, ... Stock trans.. whatever..It was green, as in,, new, fresh, junk.. Whatever I could afford bussing tables.. I had my parents come, friends, everyone I knew. I really never could drive it on the street beacuse I HAD to have 14x32 FireStones, like every other "real" racecar I knew of..lol Anyway, I pulled into the water and smoked the heck out of those FireStones.. Boy did I and the rest of the people in the stands feel sorry for for the poor Mustang 2 in the next lane. My slicks made the GTX's rake look exactly like a Rat Fink Tshirt car. Anyway, we stage ...and my GTX sputtered and popped and vapor locked the whole way down. Ran a slower time than my VW ragtop. That Mustang must have ran a 14 and blew my doors off. We got back to the pits. I had no clue how to tune , just how to throw stuff together and go..My parents had it all on video. I pulled it right on the trailer after my dad asked what happened.. I told him I have no clue.. LOL

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com