I waqs lucky enough to meet Bill Jenkins, Warren Johnson & Shirley Muldowney, all at different times. "Grumpy" I actually liked & obviously respected. Since he's an engineer, My "take" on meeting him--ask a specific, no BS question you'll get a specific answer--which proved true. I had a question about intakes & he took his time & thoroughly answered the question--AND THIS WAS AT THE TRACK!, so I can hardly say the "grumpy" moniker quite qualifies. A friend arranged for me & my race partner to meet WJ. When we were were introduced to WJ & his wife, my partner froze up & just stared at him. WJ looked at us like we were from Mars. Realizing what just happened I proceeded to ask WJ a specific question about the block in his car. Like "Grumpy", I got the same feeling & like "Grumpy" I got the same attitude & response--friendly, yet very specific & direct, so I was happy. Mrs. Johnson was very gracious, spending a few minutes with us, asking us about the local sites & some superficial questions. Ms. Muldowney is a genuine lady--kind & concerned with what we were doing with our (police) race project & willing to cooperate anytime, anywhere. She even remembered me some years later when she returned to Phoenix & I was doing a K-9 demo near her trailer. She invited me into the lounge area of her trailer, introduced me to her husband & son & asked how things were going. I couldn't have been happier. Since then I've met several of the original Ramchargers, Scott Shafiroff( he lived near my H.S. when I was growing up), Arlen Vanke, Shirley Shahan, Judy Lily & have become friends with Clyde Williams - a lesser known Afro-American P/S racer from the 70s who ran around with Ronnie Lyles & Malcom Durham a little, back in the day. All these people I really can't say I had a "bad" experience with & meeting them allowed me to learn how to "meet & greet" people who come by my pit & are good enough to show interest in my car--something alot of racers seem to forget. Remember without them we don't have support or get sponsors...