Quote:

I guess my best memory of a national event was when Darrel Alderman and Scott Geoffrion were on top in Pro Stock,It was a friday afternoon at Topeka and I really wanted to get a picture with the Dodge Boys ,we finally found their pit and ask one of the guys there if we could maybe get some pictures with Scott and Darrel, he goes into the race trailer and comes back out and waves me in ,sayes to go in the trailer , once inside I see Scott and Darrel setting around talking to a couple of guys ,Darrel was pretty engaged in conversation so I started talking to Scott ,I had a couple of their T shirts so I asked if they would sign them ,and a friend of mine is taking loads of pictures ,Darrel got into the T shirt signing too and was also extremely friendly to ,got to be the 2 most friendly ProStock drivers I've ever met ,after all of this I thought I had used up enough of their time so I tried to excuse myself ,but Scott said ,were really not doing anything for a while hang around if you want ...The Best Experiance Ive ever had in drag racing and those guys were class acts ,,,,the next year I went back and they Signed the Pictures and talked again for a while ....Darrel was Great ,Scott was Awesome ...Rest In Peace brother

Cool! I think this was my first big race! was it about 1995?