Quote:

Come on I want to hear more!!

You have any good ones from Dallas Ga, Yellow River (Between Conyers & Covington), The one tack just east of Covington, Head Hunter Motorcycle Club, etc.

I grew up in Monticello Ga and my Dad told me about all those tracks. Only 1 I have been to myself is HeadHunter in Eatonton Ga.

i can only think of the last race at Dallas ga. southeastern dragway/reds
the 50th aniversary was sceduled for i believe july 4th...
which ever it was..the first date got rained out..
mid way through...
so they re-scheduled it...
by this time word had gotten around that this was to be the last race...ever...

there where lots of ol timers..Hubert Platt amoung others..the chi-town hustler 71 charger flopper showed up.
the Hartmans racing group...for both weekends the rain out and this final later in sept..
the turn out was huge ...i mean standing room only....all teh yrs ive raced there ..and never seen it that packed...
well it got delayed for a few cleanups..and then rain..early evening...Gene announced..we will run no matter what..
well the finals went way past 12am and the exibition cars hadnt run yet...including the jet car....!!
if your familiar with southeastern ...a houseing development popped up just behind the trees backing up to the starting line....
(these people where partly why the track closed)
any way..the police showed up multiple times that evening for noise complaints...
we didnt finish money rounds cause it rained again...around 12pm.. just enough to wet the track...rain for about 10 min...
so Gene announces that the jet car will make a pass to dry off the track....
this is now 12;30 am....
no kidding i got a picture some where of that jet car hitting the afterburner..and my arm watch is held up so you can see the time...it was after 1 am...
that was killer..
we made our final passes ..i made it to the semi's
i rememember not haveing a dry towel left to dry off the car...
that weekend was crazy...there was still half crowd that stayed..past 1am..
we all new it was the last hora...
cheapst.

ps. We heard story about that night people reported a plane crash..a bomb..all kinds of stuff....ROFL

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]