Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The poster has been told both by myself and the tech he spoke with yesterday that this carb is too big for his 440 as it will flow over 1000 cfm.

It is NOT going to run right on this combination regardless of tuning and belongs on something 500 inches or larger to which we were told that they would post we did not fix the carb. Go ahead as I believe we have gone way above what was required to begin with in this situation.

You care to explain why? I personally have run much larger carbs than this on a 440, and picked up a ton.
This past weekend I swapped out a 850HP holley and threw on a old 9375 1050 3 circuit dominator and the car picked up more than I would have ever dreamed.

That carb looks like a 850 Speed Demon Correct?
I know BG likes to select and choice carbs based solely on camshaft overlap, and engine size. But to say it flat out wont work is a bold statement. Im sure this will get technical with dynamic flow property jargon, how low vacuum signal will not emulsify the fuel properly etc...But the fact is people have been doing just this for decades with Holley carbs, myself included.
Care to explain?

BTW
I solute you for what your trying to do....
Thanks
Bob

heck I am doomed then the 1050 dominator on my 360 probably wont make it down the track

As mentioned every application will be different and all of the combination has to be looked at as to whether a particular carb will work or not. Others like to put the biggest carb they have on a motor when they dyno it because it makes more power on the dyno but this may not translate into what occurs when it goes into the car.

If you look at the example above where I was talking about the hourglass effect you actually have more of this with a 4500 series then an 850 as you now have a 2 inch butterfly with the venturi radius more then the 1.560 found on the 850. I have seen guys with little motors and 2 dominators that ran well but the motor had a lot of compression , lots of rpm and the vehicle was on the light side. Every combination will be different and what works for one may not work for another.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com