Quote:

My brother bought a brand new speed demon a few yr before his car was done once the car was done installed the carb brand new out of the box .That thing was so rich we changed power valves played with the air bleeds carb is still way fat and pops and misses all the way down the track install a used holly car runs great .I told him to call Barry Grant they said we cannot help you carbs to old nice custmore service .Barry grant will never get a dime from me and I tell everybody about that piece of $hit carb.Remember 1 bad custmore will tell 100 people 1 good custmore might tell 2 you need to make it right with him over $500.00 for that piece of $hit

Ok guys... I have this carb here that we are getting bashed over and will post some pictures if it will let me.

We don't mind trying to help wherever possible but dont try to put one over on us or screw us. I was told in a pm that this carb was a couple of years old and only ran for 30 minutes.

It get here and we have not even made the bowls that were on it for close to 5 years not to mention the fact is is black inside and covered outside with dirt , grease and oil.

We put it on our flow bench and the idle fuel was over 100% so I took it apart and found the power valve gasket was not centered when they changed the pv and was hanging out. It also had 2 brass restrictors that had been added to the primary idle air bleeds that should have been added to the idle feed restrictors instead and the primary jetting had been reduced by 10 numbers and the rears by 5.

Although this carburetor should have been rebuilt at the customers exspense we fixed the problems above, resized the idle air bleeds in it and returned the jetting tot he stock calibration and it now has 82% idle fuel and 230 at wot which is within new specs. We did this at no charge.

The poster has been told both by myself and the tech he spoke with yesterday that this carb is too big for his 440 as it will flow over 1000 cfm.

It is NOT going to run right on this combination regardless of tuning and belongs on something 500 inches or larger to which we were told that they would post we did not fix the carb. Go ahead as I believe we have gone way above what was required to begin with in this situation.

5542512-DSC_0042.jpg (37 downloads)

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com