Quote:

It's typical in restructuring debt to have filings like this. I dont believe it' sall rosie.. somethign tells me the perforamnce side of Holley might be ok but any suppliers of the big 3 are hurting as a result of the pleasure of dealing with them. They mention the Caterpillar deal falling through... I can also tell you, NO company, when it's having issues, will tell it's employees the full truth. Not one. So I wouldnt doubt everything Monte says is fact as he knows it.

As for BG... It will take time before I try again. Of the 4 or so cars that ran them that I had to debugg.. They all had issues from "hanging chads" left from the small hole dirlling in the metering blocks to the obigatory stuff in the bowls. The last one was last year. Took it out of the plastic myself and opened it up. I got a bunch of glitter on my finger. Small bits, almost dust particales but a film of them. Cleaned both bowls out, checked for "chads" and proceeded to run it and it was fine. I do not consider them ready to run out of the box. I applaud your efforts but how about just giving everything a bath after machining? I know chemicals are hard to make use of, but seems like basic washing witha high volume of solution rather than the vibratory cleaning might work better. What I found was residue. Not machining chunks in the bowl.

On the one you bought last year did you find any "chad" or was it just the "glitter" Was it gold or silver? The parts are all washed after each process but when I see any "glitter" it is typically gold and from the dye used on the main body and has no affect whatsoever on performance. Keep in mind that all of the carburetors are flow tested and during this process is where the small amount of dye glitter comes from. I personally take quite a few apart though and very rarely find chads anymore but we are looking at some new media that may totally eliminate that issue as well.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com