Originally Posted by Andrewh
it doesn't increase pressure based on rpm. volume but not pressure.
carbs are basically blocking the fuel pump pressure with a float pushing against a rubber needle seat.
if pressure increased it would be able to push past it. which is why holley's want a regulator to keep it under 12 or 7 psi, can't remember the number.

pulling the carb was to allow for fuel dumping without it going into the intake. nothing more. just trying to save your oil if you had just changed it already.
that gasket under the carb is usually not damaged unless you used some kind of sealant, which you should not have.

for future reference, if you rebuild a carb use chapstick on the gaskets. they don't stick if you have to pull it apart again.

and as for cutting a line, I would think it would be easier to add a filter in the middle vs getting an extra line for the other side, but that may still not make sense.

Yeah I get it, I appreciate the suggestion... I might have to do that because I did put new oil in it before the last fire up which dislodged one piece of debris probably from the pump and I did get more fuel down the intake but not as much as before so this oil still might be good idk... My neighbors did bring me more oil though just in case!

Cutting the line in half and adding a filter there was what I was saying not getting another line... I hesitate to do it because I'm not sure if there's enough pressure in this system to cause the non-flared ends from being blown apart! I don't have a flaring tool and either way the filter I have doesn't have barbed ends so it would be the same risk of the connections coming apart because of the pressure!

Here's what I ended up doing... Based off the diagram and the filter that's suppose to be in the chamber behind the inlet fitting I in order put a spring, washer, stainless steel mesh to filter debris and a cork gasket that came with one of my carb rebuild kits and sandwiched it all with the inlet fitting... I've provided a picture! I did my measurements so nothing in there is being squished!
I know that will only keep the larger pieces out but those are the ones I've been finding stuck to the tip of the needle!
In theory this should work and prevent the issue from happening again but I'll take the time to take the carb off like you said because I'd hate to do all this and have more fuel keep pouring down the intake!!!!!
Hopefully I don't break the gasket!
I hope this works!!!

Also, the washer I put in there is a smaller diameter which might help restrict flow if that's even relavant?

IMG_20240412_150246258.jpg
Last edited by B300 VanDanage; 04/12/24 06:56 PM.