Originally Posted by fastmark
You’ve got a bad needle and seat or something hung in it so it can’t shut off the fuel with your New pump. Don’t run it obviously. Now you have the fuel diluted with gas and will wash down your rings and cause excessive wear. It needs a carb rebuild and a new filter. If that does not work, vheck the fuel pressure of you pump. It may be overpowering the needle and seat. And change the oil.

I literally just replaced the oil and filter because of the new pump! This is so frustrating! I don't want to drop another $45 on oil and another filter!! I can't even get to the store!
Why a rebuild? Can't I just take the top off and replace those components in the bowl??? It was just rebuilt with new parts! I feel like the pump is causing this issue! It was running perfect!

Well, I'm pretty much screwed if I can't drive my van! I'm broke and need to get to work tomorrow! I'm going to take the top off the carb today and see what I find..... I may be lucky enough to have an extra gasket in one of the old used carb kits I used when I originally rebuilt it...
Oh! I also replaced the fuel inlet compression fitting with a new one! Maybe the inner diameter is larger than the original and it's allowing more fuel into the bowl???
Not sure how to check the fuel pressure.... I might have the necessary gauges to check it and obviously I'll have to disconnect the line from the back of the carb and attach the gauge there and from cranking it that'll tell me the pressure right??

Thanks for the help btw...