Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by F1Scamp

Every minute spent on the intakes on a fast style car is worthwhile. I am so envious of aluminum intakes, welding cast iron is a very steep learning curve, everytime I think I know what I'm doing, the next piece acts completely differently. Knowing what I know now I've started another one this winter.

What are you welding that with? Everytime I see more of these pictures I see new ways to access areas that can't be reached , your window in the side of the plenum to access that ugly acute angle opposite it. I have a 383 intake that I fully removed the underside of the lower plenum after accidentally cutting thru it when taking off the exhaust crossover passage , I was just going to plate it with a thin piece of sheetmetal .

I used muggywelds rods that I took the coating off and used with a tig welder. I welded about a 1/2" of material to the outside of the worst corners, cut 4 windows and blew through the corners from the inside. I have another intake that is just a outside skin I milled everything out of, and was planning on doing something similar to what Rhet did, but 4 of the runners are so low due to the dual plane platform that there would have to be around a 3/4" upward angle to meet the head. In my mind I couldn't see how that would work so I aborted that project. This years intake I am changing the plenum a good bit and the approach to the runners.

Work In Progress- 71' Duster F.A.S.T.- 10.36@130 Smallblock Record Holder.