Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
I wonder if the people who set up F.A.S.T. had any idea the extent to which people would go to build these things... and if it's even in the spirit of the original rules wink

Brad, As one of the original members of the F.A.S.T. board of directors, I can tell I had no idea how far this would progress. At the time, we were just breaking into the high 11's, which was unheard of. I thought at the time, and while we were writing the rules, that the tires would be the great equalizer and the major limiting factor. What good is 750 horsepower, when we can't hook 650?

We weren't looking 20 years ahead. We just wanted to race. But the rules and the race format that we came up with has been extremely durable. I don't think any other race series has gone this long with no major rule changes.

Spirit of the rules? This kind of stuff with the manifolds exemplifies the spirit of the rules. As long as it is done legally, using the correct original manifolds, materials, and remains stock appearing after the modifications are done. There are some things being done now, especially by the Corvettes, that I don't think fit the spirit of the rules, and some are blatantly illegal. But I'm staying out of that since I'm no longer involved.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"