Originally Posted by AndyF
Yeah, sheet metal intakes are often R&D projects, especially for something like a BB Mopar engine. There might be some "proven" sheet metal designs for popular SBC and BBC heads but I really doubt a person could order up a sheet metal intake for a BB Mopar and have it be better than a Wilson ported cast intake right out of the box. Maybe by the time you buy three sheet metal intakes the third version will be singing on the dyno, but I bet the first one is a door stop. About the only way to win the sheet metal intake derby is to partner up with a NHRA super stock guy and buy his year old stuff. Typically their year old stuff is better than anything else on the market.

I would disagree with this statement. Buy the intake from the right person and it WILL pickup power. The difference between a full ported cast intake done by someone who knows what they are doing and a sheet metal intake done by a qualified person who knows what they are doing will pickup power period......Been down this road a number of times.

The one thing I have seen MANY times with ported cast intakes is folks doing them who have no clue what they are doing, or what they are trying to accomplish.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"