I'm on the wait list for Sick Week in Florida, fixin' to show up and hope and pray I get in. Jeff is busy that week, so I'm going to break in my son Cam as a substitute trunk monkey. That will be fun.

No plan to do Sick Summer. That time will be spent getting the Hemi Coupe dialed in for Drag Week.

I'm going to do everything in my power to be at Drag Week this year, loaded for bear. Jeff will be in the trunk monkey cage. I hope it is in the Midwest. It would be cool if they did something like Brainerd International, Rock Falls, Great Lakes, Cedar Falls, Brainerd.

Sick 66 in October is a possibility, I sent in the expression of interest form. And it includes 6 tracks, 5 of which will be new for me. But it is only half track racing, and I prefer 1/4 mile. One interesting thing is that it is not a loop. It starts in Missouri and ends in New Mexico. That opens up the possibility of wandering further down Rt. 66 if we are so inclined.

I did Death Week in my 67 442, that was an amazing event. The routes and the check points were some of the best ever. On the drive from Wild Horse Pass to California, across the Sonoran Desert, it was 105 Degrees. That separated the true street cars! The whole route was 2000 miles. Checkpoint highlights were the border wall, Pacific coast, Sequoia National Park, crossing Death Valley, and the Grand Canyon. We raced at Phoenix, Barona, Famoso, Phoenix,

I did Rocky Mountain Race Week this summer in the Olds as well since the Coupe was apart. That was Kearney, Bandimere, Pueblo for 2 days, then back to Kearney. It was really nice to get a chance to race at Denver before the track permanently closed.

Of all the events, Drag Week is the most grueling. You race and you drive every single day. The other events have had days where you drive and you race, but also days where you only drive, and some down time to relax and have fun. I Like the other events a lot, but Drag Week is still the king.

sick 66.png

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"