Originally Posted by n20mstr
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Made it back to the hotel after the final drive. The car has been mostly trouble free all week. Just a fan connector that needed some calibration and a worn extension housing bushing that is good enough to get it down the track tomorrow.

We had some great scenery and awesome drives this year. Lots of steep climbs that really made me glad I wasn't dragging a trailer.

How is that remote water pump working for you??

It is working good but it didn't help my issue. This thing just doesn't like to cool on the highway if any kind of traffic is around. Open Road it runs 180-185 running 60-65@3500RPM. Get in traffic and its 200-212 until the road opens up. It has done this with two engines and several setups. When I slow down and come to a stop or get in slow traffic my fan comes on and brings it right down and keeps it there. Its over 50mph with any kind of traffic that it runs warm. It never runs away hot it sure warms up. I think that center post the 68 Barracuda has does it zero favors for airflow.

The remote pump wasn't a waste though, it will allow me to run a deeper shroud or a different fan setup if I need to. I have this expensive Delta Pag fan because it was the only thing that had big flow and would fit in the gap the engine mounded pump left.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340