Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Dragula
So now that its over, anyone going to plan on going to next years? I would like to think I could have a car ready for next year....maybe. I have always been plagued by reliability issues with BBM's...Mainly G2 Hemi's, but I might be willing to try it if I can get my crap together for next year.

Based on my past experiences, I kinda know what spare parts I will need to bring, but if anything major like the 727 goes completely out, I am not capable of rebuilding that on the side of the road. But my kill list looks a lot like the standard stuff most people kill on DW, rocker arms, push rods, valve springs, fuel pumps...Most of that I can handle if I can find a Hemi on head valve spring compressor.

If you've ever rebuilt a 727 I think you could do it on the side of the road, there's really only one specialized tool, the front clutch spring compressor, and that can be improvised .

The dude with the 4 door Chevelle called "Honk if parts fall off" has rebuilt the trans in the hotel bathtubs many times as I recall. grin

C-clamp vise grips will work in a pinch as a clutch spring compressor.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.