Originally Posted by 440Jim
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
We are seriously considering Minnesota, S. Dakota, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania and (never thought it would be on the list) back to my roots in Ohio area.

Since the original poster didn't mention Florida, I left it out.
I did consider FL for my retirement move, some pros and cons.
C- limited number of drag strips (spread out), narrow choices to your range from one of those.
C- home insurance is high. Wind damage threat as well as flooding and hurricanes.
C- real estate (home property) taxes are high. They do have a "home stead" partial exemption, so account for that in your calc.
C- sales tax is a little high, but since it only applies to what you spend (not income); it is not a big deal breaker.

P- No state income tax.
P- The weather is not that bad if you stay away from the interior. Yes, some humidity; but not as bad as gulf coast of LA & Mississippi.
P- Great "winter" weather, sort of like fall in more northern states.
P- Race tracks... Gainsville, Bradenton, Immokalee, North FL Motorplex (Powerhouse), Showtime, County Line

up Nothing against Florida, but I've been there quite a few times, and its just not a place I'd want to live in. Although I did enjoy my trips to Orlando's Fastest Streetcar Shootouts with Dave aka DusterDave and Jim aka BigCube back in the day LOL.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein