Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
Originally Posted by BloFish
I’m surprised nobody mentioned Tennessee.

OK, I will.

No state income tax
County real estate tax is 1/2 what I paid in Ohio for a property that is more valuable than I had in N.E.Ohio. I live just outside city limits so no city taxes.
Vehicle registration is very inexpensive. No personal property tax.
Electricity is CHEAP. I have a 2300 sqft house and a 2400 sqft shop both with heat pumps and our electric bill is way lower than it was in Ohio and we had natural gas in ohio.
I am 25 minutes from Bristol Dragstrip (Thunder Valley), maybe 20 minutes to Johnson City for bigger selection of restaurants and shopping.
Mountains are less than a mile away. You can see them from our porch. Six miles from beautiful Watauga lake. Several ski slopes in North Carolina less than 1 hour.
Great weekly car cruise less than 3 mi. away. Price of gas here is less than anywhere else around. You can get No Ethanol 87 and 93 octane.
Tennessee is a constitutional carry state. No permits required for open or concealed carry.
I hate big cities so this place works for me.

Thanks for the information. I have several friends who have retired and just left California and moved to various locations in Tennessee, they all seem to love it there.

It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose…
as long as you look good doing it!

‘65 A100
‘69 ‘Cuda
‘73 Vega GT
‘06 Mega Cab
‘14 Mercedes SLK