Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I know some of you don't care. I've dropped all professional sports except Baseball. For those who still watch MLB, I'm wondering what you think of the bigger changes to MLB this season. I'm not a fan of the larger bases, but I love the pitch clock! 15 seconds with no runners on, 20 seconds with runner/runners on. I'm not sure yet how I feel about the restriction on pitchers of only two pick-off throws to a bag per hitter. Another one I really like is the hitter can only step out twice per ab. This along with the pitch clock have changed the game, finally!!! Now the pitchers can't meander around the mound, rubbing the ball, playing with the rosin bag, adjusting their hats, while the world waits for them. And the hitters can't keep stepping out to adjust their batting gloves after every single pitch!!!.

I've recorder several Tigers games that were replayed in the middle of the night and it was amazing how I did not feel the need to hit the FF button any time except for commercials!!! This was long overdue IMO!!!

Another side benefit that had not occurred to me until it was actually implemented is that some of these broadcasters that drag onnnnn with their tangents can't now lol.

What are the penalties for these new rules like the 15/20 second delay of game clock........-5 yards like football? wink or is it an automatic "ball" call? This will be interesting.