I understand that this is the handling forum but I'm also one that appreciates when a thread is updated.
The engine has been in for about 5 weeks and has been running great. I've been struggling with the steering and brakes though. I installed a hydroboost system and had a lot of trouble getting it to function. I went through several power steering pumps. They kept failing. I got fed up and pulled the hydroboost setup and switched to a manual master cylinder. The steering pump was replaced again but in doing so, I found that the inline cooler had a kinked line. This made me wonder if that was responsible for the pumps failing along with the hydroboost never working.
As it stands now, the steering works perfectly but the brakes are not right. I have the Dr Diff 13" Cobra setup in the front and his 11.7" setup out back and a 15/16" manual master cylinder. Stopping at 20 mph or slower is great but over that, the pedal just isn't transmitting enough force to adequately slow the car down. It is clear that this car needs some manner of power assist.
I can reinstall the vacuum booster but this cam I'm using only makes 7" of idle vacuum. I have a good vacuum pump that I could use to bridge the gap.
I can also take another stab at the hydroboost setup. Maybe the kink in the return line caused the HB unit to not function properly.
Good news though...The car idles better than I recall. It sounds good, it runs strong. The car seems quieter going down the road compared to before. Fewer rattles, less road noise too. I made so many small changes, I don't know where the credit belongs. New motor mounts, new tie rod ends, upgraded sway bar end links and tight fasteners on everything that I pulled and reinstalled. Either my hearing is going or this car feels like it really improved during this project!

751 R.JPG727 R.JPG8100 H.jpg